You probably came here for a definitive answer but the bad news is there is no definitive answer to this question. Whether you are an individual looking to build a website for your small business or you are a Fortune 500 company that needs to get their website fixed, there is no fixed price for the entire projects any client come with.
Short Answer: If you are looking for a website in Australia expect to pay between $10,000 and $50,000 for professional website development and yearly management.
However, the good news is even though the price of the entire website development/redesign/renovation project in Australia will vary from client to client, here is a breakdown of all the things that cost you while getting a website made. Depending on how simple or complex your website will be the price range will fluctuate if you are looking for ecommerce website development you can talk to our full service ecommerce outsourcing team.
Breakdown of Web Development Elements
- Domain Name (costs on a yearly basis): If you are getting a website made for the first time, you need a domain. While there old (both used and unused) domains are always available but you should get a new one. Never buy an old used domain, you never know what it has gone through in terms of SEO and used older domains can cost you a fortune so skip those as well.
- Hosting (costs on yearly basis): Website hosting price varying depending on the type of hosting you choose, whether it is dedicated, shared or free. Dedicated hosting, of course, will cost you the most. Similarly, an additional fee may be charged for services like SSL (Secure Socket Layer certificate) or static IP Address.
- Custom Design (one time cost): Web design includes everything you see on a website, from UX design, graphics, sitemap to animations, pages and layout. The more the pages, the more the cost of development. The complex the graphics and UX, the more the cost.
- Special Functionality (one time cost): Besides the basic web design that includes UX, graphics, pages structure, sitemap etc if you wish to include any special functionality such as shopping cart integration (in case you are building an e-commerce website), paid plugins etc, it can cost extra.
- Website Content Creation (one time cost): There are two options here, you can either write the content of your website yourself or let your web development handle the task for you. Web developers have trained and experienced content writers working under them and after the keyword analysis, the writers can put together perfect SEO optimized content for your website. Again, this will add up to the total cost but can save you big in the long run.
Once the website is has passed the design and development stage, it enters the testing phase. After ensuring there are major issues and bugs within the website and that it runs smoothly, the project is handed over to the client but if you require the developers to manage your website after the development that is if you require blog writing, post-launch testing, social media management and marketing, and content maintenance services then that will cost you extra bucks.
Experienced website developers charge a lot more than newbies but if someone gives you a price quotation that seems too good to be true, beware. They might be just throwing a price in the air in the desperate attempt to bag the project and might not be very good at web development. A quick tip would be to request web development prices from two to three different web developers from all over the country, compare their services, portfolios and then choose one. If we were to give you a rough estimate anyway, developing a website in Australia can cost you around $10,000 to $15,000 (for professional website).
The bottom line is, website design and development in Australia is one of those industries where you get what you pay for.